Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thank you for your patience in awaiting this blog update.  Masterpieces always take time. That, of course, is why I am not healed yet.  I resumed Chemo treatments on December 3rd with doses of Zometa and Avastin.  Sounds like my great-aunt and uncles' names.  At that time, Hospice Care ended and Home Health Care began.  

My pain levels increased the following weekend, causing me to be admitted to the hospital again on Sunday, December 7th.  During my stay, the doctors ran CT scans and other tests. They discovered that my scans were stable from those taken in October, indicating that the cancer had not spread.  Additionally, there are signs that the broken bones are beginning to heal -thank you Zometa!  A new Chemo drug was given on Wednesday called Abaraxane, which is in the Taxol family of drugs.  It will have an impact on my blood counts and will cause me to lose my hair again.  Xeloda also resumed.  I developed a topical infection in the epidural catheter port, so it has been removed.  I am on a two week course of Oxacillin to prevent further infection.  As you can see, I am highly susceptible to infection right now, so please understand. I returned home on Friday night and am now under Home Health Care again. It feels good to be sleeping in my own bed once again! 

Thank you all for your loving prayers and your continued support.  I love you all.  
XOXO - Sheryl

12 comments:

corinne lynch said...

Sheryl,

So good to hear from you! And to learn that your scans are stable from October. You are an awesome warrior.

We continue to pray for you to experience God's healing powers and relief from pain. Sounds like the hair colorist is out for now, but if this latest round works, then hey! Bald is all the rage for the holidays.

Love,

Corinne and
The Lynch Family

Lori Emch said...

Sheryl,

So glad to get some news - I've look everyday for word of your progress. It's about 4 degrees in Denver tonight, so I hope you are warmer wherever this finds you....(and you are keeping a stocking on your head when you lose your hair). Gotta love bald - especially when you look like you! You don't need hair - your eyes and smile tell all stories.

Keep up the amazing hope and wonderful positive attitude you have. I hope you have received my letters and poems and you can hear my prayers. I love you and think of you every day. I wish you a wonderful holiday with the family and rest so you can heal.

Love, Lori - :)

Mary Beth said...

sheryl- have been checking up everyday..so great to get a little note from you...praying for you and all your guys! love, MaryBeth & Brent

Jeanette said...

Sheryl my dear...thanks for the update. I have been patiently waiting and am so glad to hear that things are looking up. I miss you, I love you, I prayed today at mass for your continued healing, and please know that I have you in my heart always!!!!

Bill Hart said...

Sheryl,

Like so many others, we have been checking for updates daily. Got a bit of an update while in Portland last week from Daniel and Sheri.

We are continuing to pray for your freedom from pain and for your healing.

Love you!

-Bill & Toni

Wild Angel said...

Sheryl,
Welcome Home. The Wild Angels have been praying and are so pleased you are in your own bed, getting what you need. I know that this season will fill you with His Spirit and Faith that miracles are everywhere.

Blessings and love,
Kelly

Anna said...

Sheryl,
Thank you so much for your update. Great news about the scans and that your bones are healing. Thinking of you so much, hope I am not causing any ringing in your ears :)
Hope you are all cuddly and comfortable at home with your three men and wishing you continued healing, strength and the most blessed holidays.
Much, much love from Mohan and me.

Anna

Unknown said...

Good Evening Stunner!

I have missed your blogs...
Of course, I miss you more!

Sending my love and my prayers,
Claudia

Unknown said...

Hi Sheryl,

We are sure you will conquer because you are a strong, determined, persistant, and beautiful fighter! So, stand up and make everybody happy, this would be the best Christmas gift for the numerous people who love you!

We have no doubt that God loves you very much and a miracle will happen soon to cure your illness, since you are a blessing to whoever who knows you!

Keep up with the precious and pleasant attitude you have! God bless you and your family & friends!

Merry Christmas!
Love!
Hassan & Parvin

Eddie Neiman said...

Sheryl:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys for a miracle this Christmas. I wish you and yours peace, joy and love. And my special prayers for you Sheryl, that you feel no pain no more!

Merry Christmas,
Eddie Neiman

Dennis Worden said...

Sheryl,
On this Christmas Day 2008 know you are loved by so many but most importantly the one whose birth we celebrate. Gayle and I are praying for you to experience God's healing touch. May you have special moments this Christmas with Todd and the boys.
Dennis

Anonymous said...

شركة متخصصة فى الخدمات المنزلية بالمملكة العربية السعودية
شركة سما المثالية 0535609607
تقدم لكم شركة سما المثالية خدمات داخل المملكة العربية السعودية بالرياض والدمام والاحساء والقصيم
الخبر القطيف الجبيل راس تنورة سيهات صفوى
شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف