Friday, January 23, 2009

Rainy day vrs Sunshine

Good day to all of YOU!
It's raining outside, I've got a fire in the fireplace.  I love days like this as long as they come around once every six months.  This is the kind of day that inspires me to get on my blog since I've been remiss about staying in contact with you.  I apologize....again.  It's also Friday, so TGIF to you as well.  So many ups and downs since I've been in touch with you.

Oh my, I just had an interruption.  My home health nurse, Ruth (that sounds so geriatric) has just arrived. (sounding geriatric is not Ruth, rather the idea of a home health nurse.  Anyway I will share with you a typical (typical????) visit.  Ruth comes to visit once a week.  She changes out the tubing and dressing on my PIC LINE (this tubing starts in my right forearm and goes beneath the skin to my heart where it dumps the medications. The PIC LINE also allows for drawing blood for testing.  I'm not a good vein person (veins are too small).  I was told that my veins "hide from me" when they see the needle coming.  Oh come on, I'm 50, I don't have veins "hiding" from me.  If anything my veins have sunken below the wrinkles and fat.  Don't give me that "hiding story".  Okay, I'm getting tedious and rambling.  Anyway Ruth makes sure everything is running as it should be and cleans up the sites of any concerns.

So, I'm doing great.  All of my tests are positive (in a good sense).  My tumor markers via blood work are decreasing which is wonderful.  Truly your good wishes and prayers are getting to God's ears.  It is truly a miracle.  And, I thank you for your caring and loving thoughts along with your prayers, gifts and cards.  I haven't gotten through all the notes you've sent.  I'm getting to a few of them each day.  I deeply savor all the sentiments.  I am taking the time to look up referenced scriptures.  It's a blessing.  I love it.  Thank you.

My rainy day has turned to sunshine, everything green is glistening.  I can see myself riding down the highway in a fancy, bright, stylish convertible, my hair blowing in the wind.  Then I realize I don't have a convertible and I don't have hair.  It doesn't hurt to imagine....

Thank you again, for all you do and all of your caring thoughts and prayers.
Imagine.......
God bless you and yours.
Thank you.
Love you
Sheryl (imagining)

13 comments:

Michael McCafferty said...

Good Morning "Sunshine"

It's so nice to hear from you! Your FAN CLUB is thrilled that you are doing so well.

Say hi to your Dr. Ruth.

Love and God's Blessing,

Michael

Eddie Neiman said...

Sheryl:

I am so please to hear such good news on your markers!

I want you to know that I pick up a little something every time I read the blog, today I got enjoy the day, enjoy the moment.

You and Lance Armstrong are my two most motivational cancer survivors, here's is a quote I read from Lance frequently ... "I have often said that cancer was the best thing that ever happened to me...I say it because my illness was also my antidote; it cured me from laziness...near death cleared the decks, and what came after was a bright, sparkling awareness; time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh and know that I have just one chance to live this particular day right, and to string my days together into a life of action, and purpose."

Live Strong Sheryl!
Love ya,
Eddie

Mary Beth said...

what a treat to hear from you...
you are loved.
Mary Beth & Brent Cole

Wild Angel said...

Sheryl,
Wonderful to "read" from you! Denise keeps the Wild Angels up to date on you and we all relish the good news and pray daily.

Love your imagining passage.....see it, feel it, believe it, and it shall be...

Miracles and Blessings,
Kelly

Nancy Torns said...

Reading your good news, Sheryl! Sending you healing love and friendship. Think of you each and every day. Nancy T. xxxooo

Ms. Loisel said...

Sheryl, Your blog is music to my ears. I am praying for your complete recovery,nothing HALF ASS, cured all the way. My love and prayers to you. Kathy (florastyle)

Agman said...

Hey there my "Del-Dancing-Mate"... two big wishes as I will on the road in Feb. and pretty much off-line. ONE, best of all possible wishes on your upcoming B-Day (i always keep mine a secret so i won't publish yours). I think I speak for all of us that we all share in it's joy and that you're our special friend. TWO, you're a Valentine and a true friend... kind, wise and inspirational.

Big Hugs and Love, DownUnder Dave

Unknown said...

Good Evening Stunner!

I can't believe that today is February first...it seems as though we were just celebrating Christmas and the New Year! You remain in my prayers each and every day!

I am THRILLED to hear all of your GOOD news! It was TERRIFIC seeing you at church! You truly are Stunning!

Loving You,
Claudia

Michael McCafferty said...

Happy Birthday Sheryl!!

Love and God's good wishes on this very Special Day!!

Enjoy,

Michael

Unknown said...

hope you had a very special day yesterday. Love you ......Robin

Lori Emch said...

Sheryl -

I love you very much and think of you everyday. I wish we knew how you were and I'm only hoping that you are feeling less pain and staying positive! You are an amazing light in the life of so many and we love how you shine it on us every day.

Stay strong and may God look over you everyday to help you heal and walk out of this challenge stronger than ever.

XOXO lori :)

Unknown said...

Good day too you All
New Year 2017 means that you're gonna have lot of awesome things in your life
please visit Jagoan Coding 164Boys, learn how code in Scratch http://www.164boys.com

Yang Kuo said...

Love and God's good wishes on this very Special Day!!



หีฟิต