Thursday, September 18, 2008

One Beautiful Day..Oh, and Chemo Happened Too!

Everything seems wonderful in the world when everyone is off to slumber.  Oh wait, we're not there yet, Jonathan and Matthew are still at war with each other, I think there are even punches being tossed downstairs.  Congratulations pray warriors today we made it through round one...and such a fabulously round it was.  We went in together, as fighters, heads held high against the enemy.  There was style, there was grace, there was poison running through my veins.  It didn't knock me down, it lifted me up, taller than I've stood in a few days.  I feel absolutely fine, no noticeable side effects (excuse me while I wipe away the drool).  I truly feel great.   Tonight I went to Back To School Night (remember those?).  It was such a lift to see parents and the school faculty and staff planning forward with excitement, conviction and zeal.  Tonight I was a student among the parent community taking in that excitement, conviction and zeal.  God is Good.
Sleep  a good slumber tonight,  all is well.  Thank you, much gratitude and love.  Sheryl

3 comments:

Don said...

Sheryl
It was soooo good to see you tonight at Back To School Night. Your love and dedication to that school should humble us all - I know I have been inspired by you, and I have learned from you (Todd too). The Duncan's have set a 'benchmark' for all of us to follow.
It is hard for me to express what I truly feel about where you are now and the challenges you face. What I can express is that I know that God is watching over you, and that my prayers, and the prayers of hundreds of others, WILL be heard by Him. Over the past several months, I have learned to trust in God. I have also learned that 'Faith', positive thoughts, and 'Hope', are powerful in times of uncertainty.
God is with you Sheryl; we are with you Sheryl, and our prayers, thoughts, and hopes are focused on your full and complete recovery. We want to be your strength - we WILL be your strength. we ALL love you!!
d

Keitha Giannella said...

Sheryl:
I knew if you could be there tonight you would be. That is just who you are....an amazingly strong, beautiful, courageous woman with a wicked sense of humor.

I am so happy to hear that your sisters are coming to cheer you on. I remember 6 years ago coming by your home and you all were together then, laughing and being what only women can be for each other.
You have always been so generous with my family and I am so willing to give back to someone who gives so much of herself everyday to so many. Whatever I can do to help you and your family, I will so you can focus on getting well.
You looked as lovely as always this evening and you gave us all a little more courage with our own lives with your gracious presence.
Love, thoughts and many prayers.
Keitha

Jeanette said...

Okay - Round 1 down, and who cares how many more to go....you are tougher than anything they can throw at you. Back to school night....one of my faves. Just went to Alex's at the high school. Fun fun fun! I was thinking of you all day yesterday, knowing you walked in there with such a good attitude, (dressed fabulously), and with a smile on your face. It makes me smile just thinking of you. Much love - Jeanette