Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a beautiful fun day!  Today I went shopping.  Now, most of you know that is not one of my favorite past times.  This was different.  It was about friendships.  Kristi invited 7 women to join her in a day of make overs, a fashion show, brunch and shopping at Neiman Marcus.  There were giggles and frank discussions about Spanks.  There is definitely something about a new tube of lipstick that makes a girl feel pretty.  (I had to pass on the mascara and brow liner,  don't want to waste my money when they will be out soon!)  I felt energized,  I hardly if at all, realized that I had chemotherapy yesterday.  Anne, one of my doctors called.  she just wanted to remind me that in no way is this a death sentence.  I am on two drugs that have never met my system.  They can contain or obliterate the cancer and then down the road I might need a maintenance level again.  She said don't limit yourself on time and performance.  My body will respond to this course of treatment and if not, we choose another.  My oncologist is also  optimistic that I can/will contain this mystery of a disease.  Thank you.  Truly, this is an answer to prayer.   Love,  Sheryl

5 comments:

Daniel and Sheri Harkavy said...

Hey my friend! I am praying for you. One of the verses that has brought me so much peace over the years is Isaiah 41:10:
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Praying that you are finding peace in the grasp of His righteous right hand!
The Harkavy's love you and are praying for you daily!
Love you,
Sheri

Eddie Neiman said...

Sheryl:

Reading your comments I am blown away. Your positive attitude, faith, family and friends are so strong, you can do anything, certainly win this cancer fight.

Please know that you, your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

I told Todd a prayer the other day that I say a lot from Saint Teresa of Avila.

Let nothing disturb thee;
Let nothing dismay thee;
All things pass; God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God finds he lacks nothing.
God alone suffices.

Sheryl...we have a date for my 5 year cancer clean party with you, me, Margaret, and Todd on 12/30/10. I am looking forward to seeing you on that glorious day.

Peace be with you,
Eddie Neiman

Deb Finnegan said...

Hi Sheryl-

YEAH!!! I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am by Dr. Wallace's news yesterday!!! The biggest mystery has clarity now - a very positive one! I've told you all along that my money was on you to win this battle. Still a great bet! I love your strength and humor through this - attitude is a huge element in beating cancer, as you know. I'll be right there with you fighting this every day.

Love you,

Deb

Unknown said...

Sheryl,
You never stop amazing me. Life throws us curve balls and you are right there with your glove on, ready to catch it and throw it back. Your wonderful strength and positive attitude give us all hope that with courage and conviction, this battle can be won.
You always have my love and my prayers and forever, my admiration. The life lesson is this, surround yourself with good friends, family, a sense of humor and joy, for this is what truly matters in life and provides solace when things get rough. A very wise person told me that once. It was you and I've never forgotten it. Keep up the good work!
The Williams Family sends you their love and prayers.
Always,
Mare

Unknown said...

Hi Sheryl,

I remember how you defeated cancer years ago through your strong will and pleasant attitude. I have no a shadow of doubt that you will conquer this time, too! You are a lovely fighter and will make a great winner over this disease. You are always in my families prayers and i am sure you are in prayers of your huge circle of friends and family/relative members that are lucky to know you!

God Bless You!
Hassan