Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween all ghouls and globlins

Thank you for checking back on this  frightful night of Halloween.  Bless those who won't or can' t be celebrating.   Tis a night that lends itself to gallows humor!  My sister has suggested going to the library instead of purchasing books from now on!  And, no books with more than 200 pages!  One of the items going in my gratitude journal is short-term magazine subscriptions!  I hope this kind of humor is not offensive to you because I find that laughter truly does help ease the pain.  If any of you have some humorous ditties you would like to share with me, please send them along.  Matthew dressed up in a bunny costume and won 2 awards today at school...one for the "funniest costume" and one for "best over-all".  It truly fits his demeanor!  Jonathan dressed up as Hillary Clinton with a beard and mustache!  Don't ask!  On a more serious and medical note the recent CT scan showed more lesions on my liver and growths on some of the existing lesions.  So for several reasons I now have a knew chemo cocktail.  I'm back on the Avastin and Xeloda and Novalbine have joined the short list.  My body has been mapped out for upcoming radiation targeting a couple spots on my vertebrae.   In all honesty, a couple of housekeeping issues...given the entire family has now adopted my sleep hours, please refrain from calling after 7:00 p.m. or before 8:30 a.m.  As much as I appreciate the love coming my way one message/call per day will suffice and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.    Good night all my angels.  I feel and cherish the strength of your love and well wishes.  Forever in gratitude and love, Sheryl

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you more than you could possibly know. Think about you every day!! Know I am here for you whatever you need, as you have always been for me. Positive thinking is the best medicine and you are not lacking in that department. Love you.

Daniel Harkavy said...

More loven and prayen for you sweet sister from us Oregonians.

We wont stop! He will never leave you or forsake you.

Daniel and Sheri

Mary Beth said...

great to "hear"your voice sheryl..brent and i talk about you and pray for you every single day.
you and todd and the boys are loved.
MaryBeth
for the Coles

Unknown said...

Stunner!

WONDERFUL seeing YOU and your family at church this morning! I am hoping that the service blessed you!

I was blessed by YOU!

Love,
Claudia

corinne lynch said...

Sheryl,

So good visiting with you at church yesterday and meeting your sister. You are so loved.

May God continue to surround you and comfort you.

Love,

Corinne

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Hi Sheryl

Just want you to know that your family in Michigan is thinking about you and praying for you.

Judy
Your Michigan Cousin

Piegza said...

Dear Sheryl -

Just wanted to say hi. You & Todd & Jonathan & Matthew are in our thoughts and prayers. We think you are awesome -- and funny.
With Love, The Ps

Jack & Ginger said...

Sheryl,
Ginger and I pray for you everyday. Keep laughing and smiling.
Jack & Ginger

Unknown said...

Good Morning Stunner!

I am thinking about you...and simply want to wish you a peaceful day.

God's Blessings Always,
Claudia
XOXOXOX

Stefanie said...

To my sweet baseball/soccer friend

I just want you to know that I think of you and your family everyday. Though we only seemed to see each other during the sports "seasons" I always took pleasure in seeing your smiling face. It is that smile and your positive attitude that makes you the great woman you are. Lots of love and hugs.. Stef, Scott, Cullen and Riley

Stefanie said...

To my sweet baseball/soccer friend

I just want you to know that I think of you and your family everyday. Though we only seemed to see each other during the sports "seasons" I always took pleasure in seeing your smiling face. It is that smile and your positive attitude that makes you the great woman you are. Lots of love and hugs.. Stef, Scott, Cullen and Riley

Kelli Moradi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahjuba said...

dearest sheryl,

I was SO happy to get your card. Thank you for writing me back.
Todd was kind enough to call me back today and fill me in on whats been happening. I love that you have this blog so I can stay in touch with you.
I love all your photos. So cool to see you in all those beautiful dresses throughout the years. Brought back so many great memories! I know you know, but I have to tell you again how much I love and adore you. I am sending you a really big hug and warm thoughts. Meela sends her love too. I am praying for your recovery my friend. I love you very much.
Mahjuba