Saturday, October 18, 2008

SATURDAY From Sheryl at Home

Hello beautiful, faithful friends and family!  It's me, Sheryl.  Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and lifting my spirits and ongoing determination.     It truly gives me  feelings of hope and strength, especially when the news has been of a roller coaster nature.  I came home on Tuesday evening this week.  The criteria was getting pain under control, I have nine broken ribs due to the weakened integrity of the cancer on the bones, being able to take full breaths and of course going to the bathroom.  Once I heard the criteria, I had laser beam focus on these three things.  I came home with a pain pump and I'm not using as much pain meds as I have access too.  I'm taking small walks and using my spirometer to  expand and dry out the lung field.  The other area, let's just say I have options.  Upon my arrival home I had the nicest surprise.  The first floor bedroom had been feminized for me with candles, flowers,  balloons, books, pictures, lot's of my favorite things.  I have a beautiful outside sanctuary set up with the beauty of Mother Nature, a waterfall and just the best southern California weather anyone could ask for.  Thanks to Todd and Jane along with a couple super moms who went far beyond the call of duty.  Thanks to the chef who is making sure I'm eating cancer fighting foods.  Thanks to LuAnn's daughter from New York who traveled cross country for two days to visit and provide me with Raw Organic Juicing.  I will explain more about that later.  Oh, and also, a couple pair of pajamas sent to me, caught me a little more attention than I think my vital signs did!!  I will be writing and responding to emails in the next couple of days.  I am sporting the hot new "bald" look.  Jonathan and Matthew came into the house after school yesterday and said, "Oh no!, there is a  a bald eagle in the house."  I just reminded them  how strong that bird is!  I've had a couple of home health nurses come in to check on me.  Instead of using my "walker"  I'm carrying it in front of me.  Slows me down!  Doc visits on Tuesday and chemo on Wednesday of this week.  I miss talking to you directly and will keep in touch.  The Doctors are still stressing that I hold off on visitors  until I gain more strength.  Oh, for all the BOOBLYNS in the neighborhood, The Duncan's have been been BOOed.  So look out!

While I have been writing and concentrating on my own recovery efforts during this time, I have been keeping a keen eye and prayerful mind on Mindy Trinidad's trials.  It is with great sadness  to hear of her passing and my heart goes out to the beautiful, supportive family and friends.  "Mindy, you fought and gave all you had...you are a hero of mine."  Love,  Sheryl

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WELCOME Home Stunner!

I am thrilled you are at home in your beautiful sanctuary!!!
Stay strong and know that I am here for you!

I send my love and God's comfort to you and your's. ~ Claudia XOXO

Daniel and Sheri Harkavy said...

Praise Him! Our prayers will continue you mighty bald eagle.

We love you,

The Harks

Anna said...

Dear Sheryl,

I am so happy to know that you are home surrounded by your loving family.
Looking forward to the day when I can visit with you again. Stay strong ( Actually,I think a bald eagle can take lessons from you in strength.), know that Mohan and I love you. We are thinking of you so much and with all our heart wish you healing.
Much love and hugs,
Anna

corinne lynch said...

Praise God! You're home! Glad your men created an at-home version of the Four Seasons for you. I am praying for your continued healing and release from pain.

Love,

Corinne

Sally Lawrence said...

We missed your blogs so much. Deb was great, but we wanted the real deal! Max and Olivia ask almost daily how you are doing. We are so very happy you are home, and I bet you are a ridiculously glammy, blinged-out bald eagle--you trendsetter, you. Can't wait to see you back on campus! ~Sal et al

Nancy Torns said...

Todd just hooked me up. So glad to hear your are doing well. We love you and wish you big hugs and kisses.

Just shot you a card today on the Warwick's event.

Missed you.!

Jeanette said...

Hi Sheryl - I am so glad to hear that you are home again. I have been trying to get on to the blog for days, and my time has expired. I am not sure if you will get this but I hope so. I called yesterday, and Todd was on the phone. I'm not sure if he told you. Be that as it may - I am thinking of you, and hoping that you are in a more peaceful place among your things and your boys. There truly is no place like home. I miss your face, and continue to pray that God's healing hands are upon you. Jeanette

Unknown said...

Hey Sheryl,
I will bet bald or not, you are still the most beautiful woman in La Jolla I know!
I was in NYC this past week-end and stopped to see my old friend, St. Patrick. While I was there, the choir was warming up for something and singing "Ave Maria." It brought tears to my eyes and made me once again realize how powerful our Lord's love and beauty is. I lit a candle for you while I was there.
You are are never far from my thoughts. I love and miss you and look forward to the day we can visit in person and of course, laugh.
Love to you always,
~Mare
P.S. I happen to really like bald eagles:)

Terri said...

Hello beautiful,
You are in my thoughts and prayers as well as your boys. May you be surrounded with His peace and His love. I am looking forward to taking you to lunch as soon as you are up for it.
Hugs,
Terri
P.S. I have a couple of comfy things that I would love to drop off. Also, I know that you are the prettiest hairless woman I know, but if you want some hair...I have a couple of "rugs". :)