Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chemo Day with the Family....

Happy Thursday!  My sisters, Kris, LuAnn, and Lisa arrived yesterday afternoon.!  What I couldn't tell you up until then was that my brother John arrived on Monday.  I had been spending time and laughter with him.  The girls didn't know he was here so when they came to the door, John answered.  I bet you could hear the squeals of delight and love for miles.  Kris is from Dallas, LuAnn from Frankfort, MI (family reunion place), Lisa is from Atlanta and John is from Mississippi.  Bob, my other brother is in Michigan, we are bummed that he's not here, but I know I will see him soon.  We all scrambled off to an appointment after they arrived and then we went to the beach and had some pictures taken by my friend Deb.  Thanks Deb!  I'm pretty sure a couple of the pictures on up on the blog now.   Today we will crowd into the chemo room and create memories of love, laughter and warriors at battle.  Thank you, thank you for the beauty of friendship that all of you are surrounding me with.  Oh, by the way, you will all be going with me to chemo, just like Verison takes their team everywhere.  We're a team baby!  God Bless and I love you.  Sheryl

3 comments:

corinne lynch said...

Sheryl,

I'm sitting at my desk at work in prayer for you today while you receive chemo. I'm sure you and the sisters and brother will set a new standard for levity in the infusion room! With love and prayers, Corinne

Jeanette said...

Sheryl - I am at my computer at working doing a total hip replacement (not my own thankfully), and am so thrilled that your family is here, and surrounding you with their positive spirits, and love. I can't wait to come and see you and give you a hug of my own, though I may not let go for a very long time. Much love - Jeanette

P.S. - Go Chargers!!!!!

angiew said...

Sheryl you do not know me but I work with your sister Kris. She is an awesome woman. From reading your blog, it sounds like all of you guys were cut from an amazing patchwork of love, support and strength. Please know that you have a prayer warrior in big "D". Continue to hang tough. Angie Whitley @ Northern Trust