Friday, September 26, 2008

Moving on....moving on Chemo Day 2!

Round Two.........goes again to the Berndt/Duncan Team!  It was a  TKO realized early on.  We were in treatment for 6 hours and everything went smoothly.  I didn't have any adverse reactions or side effects.  It was basically and Berndt Sister Party!  They put us into a private room, I'm sure so we wouldn't disturb the other chemo patients.  I will probably be on chemo three weeks on and one week off for the next 4 - 6 months.  All depends on it's effectiveness which will be monitored along the way.  Prior to going into treatment we stopped at the Beach and Tennis Club for lunch.  My brother John had to leave yesterday so we lunched together and sent him on to the airport.  (sad)A friend had catered food for the afternoon in treatment, that was a nice surprise.  We also learned that this month is National Ovarian Cancer Month.  We are used to not really knowing symptoms to watch for. Now, there are signs,  bloating not associated with monthly cycles,  feeling full without having eating, urinary urgency for two weeks.  If you have these symptoms, ask your doctor for CA 125 blood test and a transvaginal ultrasound.  (Tip for today).  Tonight the girls are going to watch Sex and the City for girls night in.  I'm sure we will be a discriminating, giggling bunch.  Pass the popcorn please.  Thank you, from my heart.  All of you are truly beautiful in my eyes.  Love,  Sheryl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sheryl, You are fabulous... I especially love the pictures of you in your red sweatsuit awaiting your treatment - what a power color!! You are in my prayers... I hope to see you next week. Have a wonderful time while your sisters are still here... It sounds like you are having a blast. The pictures from the BTC are great!! Much love, Stephanie