Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Three Sisters arrive tomorrow!

Yahoo!  I'm feeling great.  I must tell you that if you don't hear from me, it means all is well.    I have had a fun couple of days.  I will have to tell you more about it tomorrow.  Chemo is still scheduled for Thursday afternoon.  I will be receiving Carboplatin,  Taxol, and a new drug they are adding this week, Avastin.  Time is getting close to having to make a decision on whether or not to have a wig made.  I'm beginning to feel like I have to beat the clock.  My hair is still in place, they are giving me two weeks, then, awe heck, I'll look like my brothers and that is not all bad.  Today the chef came and cooked Cancer Fighting Foods all day long.  Let me just tell you the importance of nutrition.............eat clean, mostly raw foods (they don't look highly on meats).  I have spring rolls wrapped in rice paper with peanut sauce, wasabi crusted halibut, cabbage salad with shitake mushroom and sesame seeds with a miso dressing,  miso soup, Thai shrimp hot and sour soup, fresh cut up veggies of every color.   Denise is cooking with all organic foods.  Plus she made the Tahoe Ladies Tail Mix!!!!!!  Oh, and did I mention the organic oatmeal cookies.  Also, may I recommend steel cut oatmeal?  With this diet, I don't think we are going to have to discuss my constitution!  God Bless you all.  Good night.  Sistaville tomorrow.  Thank you for lifting me so high.  Love,  Sheryl

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow honey. I know with your sisters there, you will have great company and you will experience great joy, even as the drugs are poured in to heal you.

Your spirit is great - and you are an inspiration to everyone!

Love you

Todd

danishrikke said...

Hi Sheryl,
Great talking to you yesterday.I will be thinking about you today and be with you in my thoughts. I love you,
Rikke