Monday, September 29, 2008

Walking the dog......

I experienced a little piece of heaven on earth (oh..other than the three pieces of pumpkin pie I had today...with heavy whipping creme) tonight walking my dog after dark.  It was quiet and still.  He seemed to stay in perfect step with me the entire time.  There was a slight breeze, almost warm.  Today was a great Monday.  Up early with the boys, seeing them off to school.  Ah, more quiet time.  LuAnn and I began little projects I've been wanting to get to.  Honestly, after the rush and blur of the first two weeks, I'm settling into a very nice, nurturing, comfortable schedule.  All of you have made it too easy on me!  We lunched at a French sidewalk cafe and shared personal experiences trying to interpret the meanings for us now.  We wondered through a couple local shops eyeing all the pretty things.  Tonight Todd took us down to the beach for dinner.  We watched the boys skin board over the waves.  Everyone's asleep.  Thank you for my day.  Thank you for your loving thoughts and prayers.  Goodnight.  Goodnight Freckles.  Sweet Dreams Everyone.  Love,  Sheryl

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Good morning Sheryl - I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Your sisters being with you is a true blessing. I must say though, that of all the blessings we are given (and they are many), aren't dogs one of the most wonderful? I bet you Freckles would be willing, and exceedingly happy to walk with you each and everyday, multiple times a day, with a smile on her face, and a spring in her step. Just as my Bailey and Syd do. I'm thinking of you. Be well my dear friend - Much love, Jeanette

Keitha Giannella said...

Sheryl:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. This is a wonderful way of being informed without exhausting your family with phone calls.

Your courage continues to shine in every way. The proof of your amazing spirit is shown by the caring family and friends that surround you.

Sending much love and prayers.
Keitha

Keitha Giannella said...

Sheryl:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. This is a wonderful way of being informed without exhausting your family with phone calls.

Your courage continues to shine in every way. The proof of your amazing spirit is shown by the caring family and friends that surround you.

Sending much love and prayers.
Keitha

Unknown said...

Hi Sheryl, I love your comments about walking your dog... my kids have been bugging me for a dog for months now, and after reading your blog, I could actually see myself enjoying one too! Were you able to get out on Tuesday for a little walk too? Anytime you need some company, please don't hesitate to call me... I need to go walking more and am also trying to take better care of myself, but need a push now and again to get motivated! I hope you have a great Wednesday both physically and spiritually. Still in my prayers and am thinking about you daily :) Love, Stephanie