Wednesday, October 1, 2008

not the best of days..........chemotherapy tomorrow.

Today was not a great day.  Darn it!  Yesterday I felt the best I ever have.  I ran errands, went to a school function in the evening.  I told everyone that other than the label of the diagnosis, I felt 100 percent charged, energized and ready willing and able to kick this thing.  Today I woke up in the pain that caused me to seek a doctors counsel in the first place.  I went to have my blood drawn, a prerequisite to chemotherapy tomorrow.  By 11:00 I was back in bed.  I called the doctor and she had me come in immediately.  I had headaches today, something I hadn't experienced until now.  I went in for a chest x-ray, abdominal CT scan, chest CT scan and brain scan along with an EKG.  They wanted to test me for side effects (blood clots in the lungs and/or brain) of one of the chemo agents.  Good news, brain is still clear, rah rah shish boom bah!  No signs of clotting.
I will be updating my blog tomorrow with new pictures and doctors report.  Sorry about the bummer news overall.  Please refresh your prayer requests.  I'm counting on a great day tomorrow.  I still have so very much to be thankful for.  God Bless you and Thank You!
Love,  Sheryl

7 comments:

corinne lynch said...

Sheryl,

Darn it! Sorry to hear yesterday was a rough day. I am doubling-up the prayers. Several people here at the Union-Tribune have you on their prayer chains, including some Southern Baptists who insist they have a red phone to heaven. : )

May chemo kick this thing out of your body today!! Love, Corinne

Unknown said...

Hey Sheryl, I am sorry to hear that yesterday was so hard for you. I just said a prayer for you and will continue to say them throughout the day. You are right, you can beat this thing... the only place to go now is up!! :)Love, Stephanie

Linda Davidson Mortgage Loan Officer said...

Sheryl- There is nothing better for stress than chocolate and brownies and they came at a great time today. Girl- We are praying, praying, praying for a complete recovery. You are so strong (although I know sometimes you dont feel like it). Your boys are learning strength and perservance from you. We will continue to pray and ask our Father for his healing. Your friend, Linda

Anna said...

Dear Sheryl,

So sorry to read that yesterday was a rough day for you. I am keeping you in my thoughts and heart and am focusing on all the positive energy angels surrounding you. Know that they are with you always and so am I.
Love,
Anna

Jeanette said...

My dear friend - I am so sorry to hear about your rough day. But...don't let it get you down. You have an amazing spirit, and what goes down will come back up again. I will say twice the prayers, and keep you in my heart. Much love - Jeanette

Kathleen said...

Sheryl my dear. The lunchbox you gave us is a BIG HIT!! We picked the 'Sugar Daddy' one and Paige took it to school today. We will use the gift card real soon. Paige turns 11 yr tomorrow! My first pizza Friday without you is tomorrow. Jeanie found TWO Mom's to volunteer so that goes to show it takes two to replace the amazing efforts of Sheryl. With each and every piece of pizza i hand out there will be a prayer of healing for my dear sweet Sheryl. C U SOON
Kathleen

Eddie Neiman said...

Sheryl:

I agree with Linda, chocolate and brownies to make the stress go away. I have been praying for you and your boys, all three of them, everyday and I will double my efforts as I know others are on your behalf. This Chinese proverb may help: "fall down seven times, get up eight". You fell down and you will get up. You have so many peoples prayers helping you get up.

Peace be with you,
Eddie Neiman